Congratulations! You have decided to run for office, or are seriously thinking about running for office. Now the hard part, designing and running a campaign. The National Association of REALTORS® and the West Maricopa Association of REALTORS® (WeMAR) invite you to our Candidate Training Academy, Your Competitive Edge. Registration is limited to 37 participants.
This all day training is open to WeMAR members, REALTOR® members of other associations and members of the public running for elected office in 2018.
Designed for candidates at all levels, the training is intended to give you a valuable head start in your political journey, as well as give you practical information on how to run a successful campaign. Our trainers will be professional campaign strategists Alastair Macaulay and Chris Sinclair from Cornerstone Solutions, LLC.
What you will learn:
- Do you have the basic traits necessary to run for office? Assess yourself.
- Can you tell someone in 30 seconds why you are running for office? Leave with the tools to craft your message.
- Develop a campaign plan and begin the planning process.
- Discover your research needs based on your target audience and your budget.
- Plan the most effective fundraising methods for your campaign.
- Determine the best methods for contacting your constituents, based on voter demographics and budget.
- Analyze electronic campaign options and determine which, if any, will be most effective for your outreach.
- Assess multiple avenues to approach a Get Out the Vote plan.
- Become familiar with State and Federal campaign rules and resources.
We have added a special section to our training. Don Thoren, CPAE is a professional speaker and political speech coach. He will provide you with the tools you need to craft your message for maximum impact. Don’t miss this rare opportunity.
Thank you to our sponsors: Toni Taylor – Clear Title Agency and Nick Monardo – CNN Mortgage